“Forefront Refractive Surgery: LASIK, Presbyopia Correction & SMILE” is An exclusive course on advanced refractive surgery from London Vision Clinic (Register Now!)
“Forefront Refractive Surgery: Presbyopia Correction & SMILE” is a comprehensive clinical and surgical program presented by Dan Reinstein, MD MA(Cantab) FRCSC DABO FRCOphth FEBO, and is appropriate for every corneal refractive surgeon and clinician. The aim of this course is to provide corneal refractive surgeons who are interested in starting or are already performing LASIK, PRESBYOND Laser Blended Vision and small incision lenticule extraction (SMILE) with a detailed description of all aspects of the three procedures.
There are Five Registration Options for Participation:
- • Option 1. “Complete Program” includes LASIK, Presbyopia and SMILE (Thu-Sun) Begins on Thursday at 3:00 PM and concludes Sunday at 12:00 PM Noon
- • Option 2. LASIK only (Thu) Begins on Thursday at 3:00 PM and concludes at 9:00 PM
- • Option 3. LASIK & PRESBYOND (Thu-Fri) Begins on Thursday at 3:00 PM and concludes Friday at 6:00 PM
- • Option 4. SMILE only (Sat-Sun) Begins Saturday at 9:00 AM and concludes at 6:00 PM
- • Option 5. PRESBYOND & SMILE (Fri-Sun) Begins on Friday Thursday at 3:00 PM and concludes Sunday at 12:00 PM Noon
This unique program is offered under the leadership of RSA member Dan Reinstein, MD MA(Cantab) FRCSC DABO FRCOphth FEBO, who has been a major contributor to SMILE research and development. This program serves as a RSA Master of Refractive Surgery “Core Competency” Dimension for the SMILE procedure.
SMILE (SMall Incision Lenticle Extraction) is one of the eight main procedures in refractive surgery. It is currently performed using the Zeiss VisuMax laser and several other companies are developing parallel technologies. This course will cover all aspects of the procedure and will be of great value to both new and experienced surgeons.