Professor Michael Mrochen, PhD (Dr. rer. medic.) is fully dedicated to improving the diagnostics and treatments with ophthalmic medical devices from a scientific, technological and business perspective. He developed multiple technologies in the field of ophthalmologic medical devices that
lead to new applications and products to the market.
Prof. Mrochens scientific achievements are represented by more than 100 peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and proceedings in the field of ophthalmic devices. He further generated more than 25 national and international patents and patent applications. Prof. Mrochen is a co-founder of the International
Congress of Wavefront Sensing and the International Congress of Corneal Cross-Linking.
- Troutman Award 2003 of the International Society of Refractive Surgery and the American
Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Swiss Technology Award 2005 for the development of customized contact lenses
- Finalist for the Swiss Economic Award 2007 for corneal cross linking (Section High Tech)
- DOC German Ophthalmic Surgeon Society 2010, Bronze Medal
- DOC German Ophthalmic Surgeon Society 2013, Silver Medal
- Listed under the 100 most influential people in ophthalmology in 2014 (TheOphthalmologist)
6300, Zurich Switzerland
Telephone +41 (0)43 500 0850
Email – Michael.Mrochen@IROCScience.com
About: Michael Mrochen, PhD About